My youngest daughter - on the way to school this morning - asked me what our custody arrangements were.
She wants to move in with me permanently.
I wanted to cry. Firstly because it is an awfully big thing for her to be considering. And secondly because it is a sign of her growing up so quickly, and me remembering that I asked the same of my father when I was the same age.
Her and her mother just do not see eye to eye. It kills me. But I don’t know if it is the right thing to seperate the two girls.
They spend every Thursday night with me, and every second weekend. I love them unconditionally of course. Unlike their mother I fear, who judges a lot, especially in terms of results at school. And she is so much like I was at the same age.
Any ideas?

I simply can not leave my children, so I can only guess what this means to you. My boys are all so different from each other, but I am not sure I know what separation would do to them. My eldest stayed in UK for 6 months - he hadn't intended on coming with us, but he missed the family, came to visit, and has now stayed. It's a very hard call.
ReplyDeleteG =]
It's all sorted out for now. Seperation is not an option. I feel bad enough that we are seperated as parents. But the bottom line is that my girls are happier that we are seperated. They still joke about how we (their mother and I) could have possibly stayed together for that long...
ReplyDelete