My 'agent' called today out of the blue as usual....
Seems his client has once again asked for me to do some work again. This is amazingly good news of course. The quoting is a formality because I have been requested specifically.
Problem 1:
It's from mid October, which means first payment optimistically end of November.
Problem 2:
Little brother has not been requested..... some sibling rivalry dilemma's approaching as he has no work at the moment either. I did ask my agent to keep him in mind if there is extra work.
Problem 3:
Do I expend time and energy into expanding the photography, then let it slide again while I do this (three month) job? The reality is that I can earn enough during this job to give me the capital to do the photo thing properly next year, but also I need income from now until the end of November or else I am going to be so far in debt that the extra cash is just going to go back into servicing the debt again.....
aaaargh!!!!!!!
And I need a new laptop for this job......
And I need software from little brother if I get new laptop.......
o fuck
fuckity fuck
haha....
And my agent says the engineers are working again, which means the recession is officially over in my industry, so I may even have more work next year after this job.
Perhaps Rio Carnival is not too much of a pipe dream for my birthday in February.......
The Universe is apparently listening....
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 year ago

much better than having no decisions, or prospects... and rio sounds awesome - 6 months away?
ReplyDeleteInteresting dilemma. Of course, the fact that you have to carefully weigh the decision might indicate that no matter which way you choose, you're in a good position.
ReplyDelete