About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I am still here :)

Update:

Still here
Slow connection, so difficult to catch up on blogs - ugh
Living with mother is like rehab - cool
Made a bit of money on the dance shoot - more than I expected - yay
Still not enough though - lol
Going back to the gay resort this weekend - yay
It's kinda a singles weekend - we will draw lots on who shares with whom - nervous
Fending off creditors - ugh
Had awesome long weekend with lotsa family - cool
Made so much food, we ate for three days on the leftovers - fat
Had too much white wine tonight at our 'weekend planning meeting' - heartburn

I mentioned that Devon's parents made the decision to donate his organs. When they opened him up, they discovered he had lymphatic cancer. Doc reckons judging by how extensive it was, chances are, he may not have made it to his twenties....

It's a kinda bittersweet revelation.

5 comments:

  1. awesome that you're still here! take care of yourself and pop in every now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That info doesn't make the loss of one so young any more comforting. Really feel for you.

    Lotsa Luv,
    Baz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear from you. You and your family have been in my thoughts. Hope you have fun over the weekend. Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I good friend died of lymphatic cancer... not a pretty sight... indeed a bittersweet moment for Devon and his family...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still a very sad thing - were they unable to use any of his organs then? Such a shame.

    Anyway, good fr you with the photos, hope you have another great weekend coming up!!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.