About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mixed bag

So I have flu argh! Not bad yet, just a bit chesty and sore throat, but judging by the people around me, it's bound to get worse before it gets better.

Did another shoot last weekend at another dance festival. I don't know these dancers, so its going to be a bit harder to get the stuff sold. I posted a bunch to my photography FB fan page, and invited one of the dancers I found on FB. He was pretty impressed with the stuff, so I will take sample and stuff next week. It's been a busy week for me, trying to catch up on other stuff, and my daughter has been with me as she has been pretty sick too.

This weekend, I am going with my Mom and her sister to the Drakensberg. It's the 40th birthday of a set of twins I grew up with, though we don't see each other much anymore. Our familes are friends, so that's why we are all going down together. All we could get was a three bedroom unit, and I was hoping to take the kids with. But J has taken a few days off school this week already, and she has something on for school on Saturday. And I can't take S without taking J.....

My oldest customer lost his mom-in-law yesterday. A result of too many years of drinking and smoking too much. It never came as much of a surprise, but his kids are taking it hard. Not fun to lose a granny, especially a fun, party-loving granny.

Reminds me of my own grandfather on my dad's side. He lost his drivers license due to an accident where someone died. He was driving and he was blind drunk when the cops and ambulance arrived.

So while he never had a driver's license, he was a senior pilot on an international airline....

Fun.

Lol.. we are four brothers, and I was the only one he would have anyhting to do with. He used to catch a taxi on a Saturday morning to take me (only me) to the movies and pancakes after.

He was a twin, but lost his brother when they were very young (just in their twenties I think), and I think I reminded him of his brother. I sometimes think I am his brother reincarnated. Sounds silly, but I do think that.

2 comments:

  1. great photos! remember I still need somebody to do a photo for our xmas card this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sends you giant bowls of chicken soup*

    *hugs* too

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.