About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Building puzzles and not getting much sleep

So I am working my ass off at the moment. I managed to secure a small loan to make it through October till my first pay day with this contract.

It's been interesting - a lot of goal post changing, and a few challenges.

Today I drove 100km to site only to find I had left my data behind on the old memory stick in my bedroom.... So I drove back, sped through the last of the data and mailed them the results aghh!

I guess it happened because I have been giving two of my friends a hard time about doing similar things over the last few weeks. Wes twice left his laptop at home last week, and Gav left his laptop and cellphone at a friends pub in London on a quick stopover from Budapest- He has his laptop (life) back, though the cell phone loss may have occurred during the inebriated trip to Heathrow.

And speaking of Gav - he is up from Cape Town for the weekend for a wedding on Saturday, so got to spend some time with him and Stef today.

And apparently the Italian government considers Gav and I citizens due to some technical procedural thing when our great grandfather emigrated here more than a hundred years ago.

Stef proposed to me today on this basis hehe! Funny thing is that we could probably make a balanced couple.... As he was leaving he said he would call to invite me over for dinner, because we had to start planning soon. A June wedding is apparently what he wants. lol... Imagine a young version of Meatloaf, only more fem....

Had a long chat to him about his recent breakup, and we chatted about what happened between Nev and I too. I don't see him nearly enough since he moved to the city, though he insisted I come to their Halloween Party, well HallowQueen Party technically as all costumes have to be drag. have to check my busy schedule though.....

So since I never got much done today with the silly to and from the middle of nowhere and Stef and Gav being around for the rest of the day, I guess I need to put in some hours tonight.

And Nix won't be here for Christmas.....

But she will be here April with her son. It will be better in terms of timing, and Durban is not as unbearably humid as it is over December. She may have a few more chapters done on her book by then which should be interesting. One of the characters is loosely based on me....

My cat is meowing for attention. His latest thing is to stomp all over the keyboard while I am trying to work.... silly boi, he's not exactly small either.

And I've been so damn horny lately..... almost annoyingly so.

2 comments:

  1. glad to see you are still out there! I hope all is well! - D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good to see you round here.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.