About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dear *insert highschool bf here*

Dear A,

It's been more years than I care to contemplate since I have seen you.

I think about you still after all this time.

Your shy smile.... It's brief flashes in company almost as if you never wanted others to see it. The generosity of it when we were alone. It shone in the light, and glowed warm in the dark.

The touch of your lips... Never has a kiss meant so much, spoke so much, been so insanely gentle. The way we could simply be so close, a single molecule of yours against mine. We breathed each other in. The night we lay in the dark, whispering words quietly, the words meaning nothing, but the touch of our lips as we spoke saying everything.

Your laugh, how it still makes me cry...

Your skin, the back of your hands, the shape of your neck.

The way you sat, the way you stood quietly in the shadows, silently watching me.

I have never loved anyone the way I loved you.

I watched a movie yesterday. For a fleeting moment, in one of the characters, I saw your eyes, the jawline, the shy way you look up.

I dreamed of you.

I dreamed of you.

I am just sorry that it was all so confusing for both of us, so overwhelming, so intense.

It's days like these I like to imagine being with you, no words, just back in the forest, lying side by side on the cool pine needles.

And I wonder, as you go about your life, with your wife, with your kids, tending farmers horses, looking after spinsters' cats. I wonder if you ever look back at that one night, when we forgot about the impossibility of it all, the one night we never questioned one facet, that one night a miracle gave us enough time alone to wake together with the sun on our feet.

It's hard not being able to fall out of love.

I love you still.

S

4 comments:

  1. nice post, S - hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all yearn for someone. some get lucky and find him. and some spend their whole lives looking. i'd like to think that at some point, we will all find THE one. i'm an eternal optimist... or to others, a fool.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.