About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Magnet

So I had a really crappy day yesterday, but it just served to remind me that my ability to say "no" is seriously lacking. I need lessons, or a Personal (hot boy) Assistant - or both.

This is not to say I always just wanna please others, I have serious empathy for those in need, and often put others' needs ahead of my own.

I am getting there though... lolz....

So yesterday, 630am, the ex calls and immediately starts at me with a seriously raised voice. I don't think she really has latched onto the concept of divorce where this scenario really doesn't play out well with me anymore. So I hang up. So she calls again, and I ask her before she starts to talk whether she is still going to shout or else I will just hang up again. It's really easy when she is geographically somewhere else. Just prod the End Call button.

So I hung up again after about 42 seconds when the volume got to banshee.

Karma is going to bite her in the ass one day, that is one thing I am sure of.

More to the story and why, but it's really not important except that I am just tired of being taken advantage of.

Later, Craig calls me to ask if I can help him with a budget proposal. So I laugh and tell him sure, around June 23rd 2010 after 4pm.

Even later, my ex mother-in-law texts me to ask if I can meet her (today) and not to tell my ex (like I am even talking to her right now after the morning fiasco).

So I have lunch with her today, only to hear she has lost her job etc etc.... She knows I can't help her, but I think she just needed to share.

And Wesley boy is sick as hell (personally I think Tick Bite fever), so I went for a short visit and made him some chamomile tea while he moaned on the couch. Speaking of Wesley....

I am getting some signals from him that I hope I am misreading. The last thing I need is for him to declare some sort of need for anything romantically inclined... Small things like "I been missing seeing you the last few days" texts. I been working really long hours, so being social is not on my agenda right now.

Last Saturday, we spent the whole day together, starting out with a two hour breakfast, a trip to the mega hardware place (we both love hardware stores), then a long walk through a bunch of furniture and home decor places. After that, we did some meat on the fire with salads and stuff at his place, and lay on the couch watching dvd's till latish in the evening.

All that was missing was holding hands at the stores, and lying in each others arms at home, and heading off to bed together.... the rest makes everyone else think we are a married couple. Lying on the couch, there was this air of almost sexual tension which I haven't felt with him for ages.

Like I really need a complication like that right now lol......

Oh, and Friday night, we went to some old friends of mine for dinner - like a couple.....

Though after he left, one of the girls said to me she doesn't think he is intelligent enough for me hehe... actually, he was drunk when he arrived, having come straight from a work lunch thingy at the local pub.

So today... is ummm... two and half days since we last saw each other and he texts that he is missing me...

He is a long way from getting over Andrew though. I actually think it's almost exactly three yrs ago since we actually slept together. Will have to check my journal.

And I had a really good, productive day today. My current daily schedule is as follows:

05.30 wake, shower, breakfast, coffee.

06.15 - 08.00 long drive thru the traffic to work

08.00 - 16.00 put in my 8 hrs eating a packed lunch while behind the laptop

16.00 - 17.30 long drive home

17.30 - 18.00 me time

18.00 - 19.00 dinner

19.00 - 20.00 internet time

20.00 - 23.00 photo work (2nd income job)

23.00 - 0.00 me time (blush)

and start all over again........

4 comments:

  1. My mother used to love hardware stores. It was one of the things she and my father did before his blessed death.

    I used to enjoy going round them with her after that. We once found that ostrobogulous net. Did I ever tell you about that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe. Nice schedule I like the blushing time LOL.

    Seriously though - perhaps its time you take stock of YOUR feelings with Wes, and what you want/need/don't want going on? Just to refocus yourself, so you can put his actions in perspective? I dunno, I'm not a good relationship/social advice person, but I guess that makes sense.

    Anyway,hang in there.

    *hugs* again
    The Other Seth

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Micky... obstrobolo wot? don't even have the energy to Google it

    @ Seth... thanks for all the comments Seth, even though I seldom thank you, I always appreciate them.

    Yeah, my own attitude is an issue too I guess. For a long time, being close to him really hurt because I really had fallen quite deep for him. Even though we both know that what we have has no intention of becoming a romantic relationship, there is nevertheless a relationship. The definition is the real issue I guess. More for me I think.

    I guess we just really enjoy each others company, kinda like somewhere between being really good friends, and a romantic relationship, and definitely no benefits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to see little updates now and again from you ... lucky for me my in-laws are both gone, so will never have to deal with them in that way...

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.