Going really well. Seems the contract will run beyond March which is good news. Will allow me to build up a good cushion for slow months. My first invoice gets paid tomorrow. Most will go to clearing all my debt and doing some maintenance on the car which is working overtime right now. My second invoice (end of next month) will go to spoiling myself, and subsequent payments will go to savings.
Evening Job - Photo Retouching
I am hating this now. Been doing it too long for the same clients, who take the same pics, and I do the same stuff over and over..... already told my biggest client that I am going to find someone else to do his work cos I just don't have the time or motivation to continue. And I am just too cheap anyway - classic overworked underpaid scenario.
Weekend Job - Actual real event photography (no weddings thank you)
Been doing some dance competitions and despite no real selling efforts on my part, it is starting to significantly cover my beer bill (which is what Evening Job started out as). And I really enjoy it. So I am having a website set up over the next few weeks, with an ordering system etc etc... and I am going to invest in a new lens, and later also a new camera (one with fewer numbers Torchy!)
And I am shopping for a Laptop, and was wondering about Win7....
Vista and the software I use for my A-Job don't work well together, so I stick to XP. The Laptop I want comes with XP discs (Vista loaded) but they also offering 7 as an option.
And the software is just too expensive (the cost of about 200 laptops) to upgrade to the Vista friendly version. And the 'new' version of my current s/ware doesn't have any significant improvements in the areas I work in....
Lol, the office I work from is full of (about fifteen) people that just sit behind their screens and work. And only one eye candy candidate among the lot of them. I went out to the open plan area and put the question about Win7 out there, and all I got was looks of "look, he talks!"
I have my own office, which I have figured out is the domain of the directors only.... so I think they think I am a demi-god or something.
Anyways, the eye-candy guy came round after a few minutes and was pretty friendly in a subordinate kind of way (Images of handcuffs and a four poster bed) and chatted about W7 and other tech stuff I wasn't really listening to....
And I am also getting that stupid error message pop-up when I want to view my blog! I wonder what the fuck it is...

Kick "A Bi Boy's Pic Blog" from your blog roll and the pop-up pops away. His avatar causes the mess.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are going well - thanks for checking in! I upgraded my other laptop to Win7 over the weekend and I'm pretty happy with it so far - no driver problems, everything works, nothing has crashed, and a noticeable increase in performance
ReplyDeleteHey there. Sounds like you've got quite the full plate right now - at least the money must be coming in enough to keep you going? Congrats on the new lens (soon) and laptop too. Personally, I like Windows 2000 but everyone keeps telling me it's a bit old fashioned. LOL.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the looks-see of the eyecandy boy!!
ps: I guess what MrUrs said would work - it looks like you are still linked to him - and the popup thing keeps happening.
Cheers
Something about http://www.wastedblogs.com ?
ReplyDeleteInteresting that that error's even allowed to happen.
Anyway, also on a tech-savvy note, Win7 is useful. I like it. Just be sure to get the "pro" version, and a laptop that supports Intel Virtualization Technologies. If you have *any* compatibility problems, you can essentially run XP applications near-natively with that, with very little performance loss.