About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Header Pix - 3


Ah 18.... a year of change and evolution.
My final year in high school.
I received honours at school for academic achievement and got to wear a white blazer and brag a bit.
I never went to school much though.
Completed my Private Pilot's licence.
Was the youngest twin rated pilot in the country. Ever.
I started smoking.
My boyfriend and girlfreind both broke up with me.
My bf said he wasn't gay (yeah right - best kisser in the wrold - ever)
My gf said she was tired of waiting to be 'intimate'
They went to the prom together.
I went with... umm... I forget her name.
Trevor threw me out of the house after a VERY heated argument where we both threw a lot things.
I never told my mother, instead I arranged to move back as a boarder, paying my own way.
My Biology teacher put me up for a week without asking questions. I am eternally grateful.
People who I thought were my friends never offered the same.
I finally felt free and my own person.
I went home after final exams for the first time in nearly eighteen months.
Three days later, I was on a plane to London to backpack around the UK.
The photo is a self portrait on a train somewhere in the south of England.
I never wanted to be gay.
I got a blowjob in the camera obscura in Edinburgh two weeks later by the hot sudent conducting the tour.
I left feeling very confused.
After I got home, I was conscripted into the military.
I excelled in all my courses and became a weapons instructor, then later an instructor on anti aircraft missiles.
I shot down a helium balloon with a missile.
I shot an escaping prisoner in the leg.
I don't think he likes me very much.
I'm still a pretty good shot, though my home (and life) is a gun free zone.
I had a secret wild sexual affair with a high school boy I met in a restuarant on a weekend off.
My car's back seat would never be the same.
I still didn't want to be gay.
I met my future wife briefly through a friend.
She rode a motorbike.
She wrote me tons of letters.
I came out to my military buddies seventeen years later.
They were indifferent about it.
I wish I had come out much earlier.

4 comments:

  1. this is a fascinating way to tell your story - I wish I had the courage to do the same - I also wish (wonder?) I looked so good at 16 and 18 :-) take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. A series of facts which, together, paint a picture of this good-looking young man, almost adrift in the world.

    Thanks for the continuing story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got the subtle humor poking through, but you're sharing your serious memories and I hope you are finding this useful, cathartic, or whatever important function it plays for you.

    *header hugs part 3*

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fascinating to get the story behind the pictures. Thanks for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.