About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Some prayers sought...


Please pray for my nephew, Devon, and his friend Wesley, who were both involved in a motorcycle accident earlier today (Friday).

Both boys are in ICU on life support. Wesley is showing signs of movement, though he has severe head injuries, while my boy Devon is relying solely on life support for now. They have placed a drain in his skull as there is a lot of swelling and bleeding on the brain still.

Devon is 14, and Wesley 17.

They are in extremely good care, and while we all took turns to hold his hand and have a quiet chat, the doctors are still fearing the worst.

16 comments:

  1. all my prayers man. this is a hard one.

    jay.osa

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my prayers are of any help I gladly offer them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so difficult to hear of young kids hurt in accidents. I like to see them having fun and enjoying their lives. All my heart felt prayers go out to them, and to you.(TC701).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family are included in my thoughts and prayers love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping and praying for the best for them and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Devon and Wesley will be in my thoughts and prayers as well as you. Keep it together my friend.

    Jayson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay strong mate. They are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My prayers for them both at this moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can has my cuddles and good luck wishes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. they and you have got my prayers too Sethy. i'm so sorry you and your family and friends are going through this.

    torchy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que le souffle de la vie soit le plus fort.
    Courage et un grand souhait de guérison, à ces deux jeunes garçons, envoyé de France.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, en merci Steph mon ami.

    The prognosis is not good I am afraid.

    There is basically nothing more they can do. There is too much damage to the brain, and the swelling is too severe for any further surgery.

    We have all been in to say our goodbyes as they wait for him to slip away on his own.

    The other boy's injuries are more severe, but he is breathing more on his own. But he also has massive swelling which they are going to monitor for the next 48 hrs.

    The sad thing is that I have not seen his parents with him. I know they have been, but I spent an hour last night just holding his hand and talking to him as he was alone.

    I will update as I know more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours at this time.
    Wish there was something I could do...

    With hugs, from Graham

    ReplyDelete
  14. I pray for both, hoping the best for them and their families !

    ReplyDelete
  15. My thoughts & prayers are with them both, strength to both the families

    ReplyDelete
  16. eeep motorcycles
    idk what else to say

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.