About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Life is short

I am not yet sure how to put all I feel into words. That will come later I am sure.

I posted earlier that Devon, my nephew, passed this morning, but was hoping the second boy, Wesley, would somehow pull through.

Sadly, he was declared brain dead this afternoon after suffering a major stroke late yesterday afternoon.

No need to comment, just a small offer of prayer for their parents and those who were close to them.

It has been a sad weekend, but one that has proven that common cause humanity does exist, and also that our belief in invincibility can be severely tested.

Be safe, and always strive to expect the unexpected.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry buddy.

    It's difficult. I've watched the same sort of thing happen to perfectly nice people before, and still don't quite understand how to deal with the feelings and emotions that their loved ones go through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoping for the best, but fearing the worst :(

    so very sorry
    torchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping you have begun the grieving process, you've been rather quiet.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.