About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Thursday, July 23, 2009

A little Update

So I have pretty much moved all my stuff over to my mom's place. It has been emotional, as any move is for me. I really despise change.

Hmm... updates..

My youngest daughter surprised all of us by changing her relationship status to "in A relationship" on Facebook lol. So last week we (Wes, Ali, the two girls and I) were out for a drink. We all made a big thing about her being the only one in the group that was actually IN a relationship, making her the centre of attention for the whole evening. It was good to see her basking in the limelight for a while. She is normally in the background. I had previously briefly met the said object of her affections - a cute shy boy two years her senior (she is 12 lol).

So today (on MSN), she told me she had been dumped.... poor child. Ah well, she still has the stalker who lives across the road, and Joe, the West African boy with the sexy French accent. The joys of being pre-teen and running hormones.

On Saturday, Wes and I joined a mutual friend and his gf at the (almost) local casino for a show. The first half was a cabaret type thing with live band and amazing dance routines - our mutual friend and his gf are competition ballroom/latin dancers. The second half was a stand up comic thing, which was pretty good. The host was far more entertaining than the headliners though....

Chatted for a bit to Chris today (almost passes out from longing for his body which was once against mine). It's his birthday tomorrow and he has invited me to his birthday bash on Saturday. I have my kids this weekend, so I am still trying to figure out how I am going to do this..... I really miss him. I met him online a few years ago, and we developed one of those amazing online relationships which culminated in us meeting and spending a few unforgettable days together on my brother's farm....

He recently moved pretty close to me about three or four months ago, and we have seen each exactly once. And it was a chance meeting at the opening of a new gay venue in my area. We ended up snogging on the dance floor. We were both drunk and also were at the venue with dates'.......

So I am thinking of persuing this.......

Had a drink with Iain tonight. It's been a while, and was good. A few good laughs as we tried to figure out whose future death would make as much noise as MJ's. We figured on Nelson Mandela, Oprah, Obama, Prince William.

Maybe's were madonna and Clint Eastwood. Other contenders were Paul McCartney, Johnny Depp, Britney, Drew Barrymore and any of the current Harry Potter lead actors.

Personally, Elijah Wood, Tom Selleck (don't ask), Brad Pitt, Shaun Pollock, Micheal J Fox and some others would send a wave of emotion as well.

And as usual, the requisite bad jokes abounded. My favourite of the night was a pick up line: Come and tell Pinocchio a lie...

I guess you had to be there....

3 comments:

  1. And who told you a lie? Or were you telling it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the move is over quickly and you can settle into some normalcy - I'm going to try that pinocchio line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *does not ask about Tom Selleck* :P

    I guess be thankful you've got Mom's place to fall back on (into?) for now. And I hope you are able to settle there, and also settle things in general.

    Awww @ daughters FB un-relationship.

    I hope you can get to Chris's party too, and get (back) closer to him.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.