About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Its finally over

Yesterday afternoon late, Devon was declared brain dead.

A decision was made late last night to donate his organs.

At 6am this morning they shut down the respirator and took him away.

He is now a hero by saving others' lives.

---

Wesley is deteriotating after showing signs of improvement. Yesterday afternoon, he had a stroke which has been a major setback.

Just to clear up a misunderstanding - this is not the same Wesley I often talk about. My Wesley has been very supportive, sending me texts of support right through the night.

---

Thank you everyone for the kind words in comments, mails and tweets.

12 comments:

  1. We will pray for his soul. Our thought are with you and your family in this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences. And it is quite honorable to donate his organs, on the chance to save another life, while he will be remembered for his own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sethy, I am oh sorry and deeply hurt and saddened by this tragedy you and your family have suffered. I know no words will help your pain only time and forgiveness can make you whole. I send prayers for comfort to you all. may the Lord have mercy on Devons soul and find him innocent. May the Lord bless you and your family in this hard time. May he sooth the hurt and any anger and frustration you all may feel. I send to you my love and compassion in this time of pain. Life is so hard to understand. When two little lambs go out to the meadow chasing butterflies and they don't come home because the wolf was waiting. Devon is in the arms of the Lord may you find some comfort there.
    LOVE AND HUGS
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences to you and all his family and all who love him. May he have everlasting peace and joy. My prayers are with him and all who mourn his loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My condolences - so so sad - the organ donation is a wonderful gesture

    ReplyDelete
  6. My condolences too . very sad. You got my support *hugs*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My condolences to you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers, all my love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... I'm so sorry.

    -_-

    *Bear hugs to friends and family*

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can only begin to imagine your grief. hopefully his organs can give life or hope to other children.

    i'm praying for Wesley and for comfort for you all.

    t

    ReplyDelete
  10. To give ones own life so another can live is the most precious gift of all. I did not know this person but to you and his family I pray for you all. God bless you and the departed.
    Let his spirit be free.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and yours have my deepest sympathy. I lost my babushka to an accident similarly. We also donated her organs and because of that four people got a second chance, one even regained sight because of it. It is a noble thing to think of others in your time of loss like that.
    Hugz
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.