About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Monday, July 06, 2009

Weekend Away

Just a quicky...

So Wes, Marky, MG and I headed off to the bush for a little getaway weekend. MG met us there as he had to come from work in a different direction.

The little 'resort' is basically in the middle of nowhere. It's a gay bois only place - pretty much the only place like it within 500km. Yes, there are a couple of others, but they are nudist/cruising spots - something we were not interested in. This is just a relax spot where gay guys fom all walks of life can feel comfortable and get away from the big cities.

Anyway, because of the weather I guess, we were the only guests for the weekend.

They have a new chef, who delighted in experimenting with the new menu with us. Amazing food for every meal. The cabins were very very basic. Just a wooden structure with a tin roof; double bed and toilet/shower. At least there was hot water.

On Friday night we partied with the owner, the chef and 2 str8 guys. The one is a supplier that stayed for drinks, and the other is the cute barman. He is the nephew of the (gay) owner, and clearly loves his job (and the attention). The four of us ended up in the jacuzzi to keep warm.

That night, we froze our balls off. Marky and I shared a cabin and practically slept on top of each other to keep warm. We were more organized on Saturday, and managed to stay warmer without spooning (too much) lol. I swear M thought I was going to 'take advantage' of him lol. He is so not my type though.

On Saturday, we drove around the small communities in the area, just stopping off at the little farm stalls to check out their fresh produce and home made jams and stuff. We were all mightily hungover, so spent the afternoon watching TV under the heaters and blankets in the entertainment area. We also watched the Lions thrash the Boks (grrrr). A fairly quiet and early night for us all.

Sunday, we were served an enormous breakfast, had a few more drinks, then took a slow drive home. Had a glass of wine with Wes and Ali before heading to my place. An early night and a good sleep.

I have tons of work to finish today, but really not in the mood lol.

Hope all the US guys had a great 4th!

Some pics...

Did a bunch of this


MG is cute lol...




Yeah, I know, it's a mess...

6 comments:

  1. nobody looks all that inebriated - surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like many people's idea of place for gay guys to take friends or just go to chill out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, it's kind of a bummer that no one else was there, but (aside from being a tit bit nipply outside) it looks like you had fun. Sweet.

    I actually looked up up gay cruises b/c of your first post... of course if you're single and don't want a room mate, they charge double occupancy. So have to solve the single problem first...

    ~G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey thanks for sharing the pics of your get away Glad that you had a good time love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say in that first shot you look pretty wasted... err... exhausted ;)

    Sounds like an interesting weekend, even if you guys were "roughing it" and freezing.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. @jlo... love and hugs to you too...

    @seth... I was exhausted. Way too many brandies the night before :)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.