About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Thursday, July 16, 2009

So where has Sethy been?

Yeah I have been a little quiet lately. Some things have happened.

I mentioned before that if no work came along, I would be okay till the end of June. So the end of June has come and gone, and though I have been doing the odd thing here and there, major cashflow stuff has been lacking.

I wrote a nice letter to my landlord letting them know that I can only make half my rent this month, and would have to vacate at the end of July (14 days notice in stead of the required 30 days notice). Their answer was to cut my electricity - effectively evicting me by cutting off utilities in the middle of winter.

So they're not getting my half rent after all, and I have started moving out. My mom and I have been discussing my moving back 'home' for a few months already, so this has just fast forwarded our plans somewhat. We alread have submitted plans for a two bedroomed cottage which we planned on starting in the new year, but for now, I have moved back into my old room haha. The last time I spent more than a few weeks in this room was in my teens.

My mom shares the house with her sister, and we have all been a little concerned about their security living on their own here, so actually there are some happier siblings around. I always knew that I would be the one to look after the old ducks as they become more needy. It's something that I have accepted and don't mind at all.

But, on the positive side, there have been some movements on the work side. I have an interview of sorts later next week, and I am quoting on some work later today.

Of course, older brother is all full of lectures... but I expected that. I guess I have never been a long term planner like he is. It's just the way I am built.....

And I do miss Torchy! But I guess he has priorities too. I try to keep up with reading at least, and will try comment as I go. The internet connection isn't quite as good here yet until I get it all sorted out, but I will keep posting albeit a little more sparingly.

10 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear of the hard times. I had to move back with mom two yrs ago. Fortunately that lasted only four months. I have been better off since then. May you be blessed.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Back to being a teen again! That must have its good sides!

    I had my Mum with me for the last bit of her life (as it turned out) and wouldn't have missed it for all the tea in India.

    We had a great time. We just had a little talk at the start agreeing that we were were both adults and NOT mother and son! (we were pretty darn close though, so we brushed aside any differences).

    Money is useful stuff though - so I really do hope one of your fingers get's some pie soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Landlords down there seem not to exercise any restraint. Luckily mine is a bit nicer. While I was at university, he did not even collect rent. "I cannot prey upon a student", as he said.

    I hope the ladies don't mind (and even make breakfast) if you bring home the occasional man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. Sorry to hear all that! :(

    I guess I was kind of thinking things were going ok for you. But... hopefully work things will come through, again.

    F*cking landlords. You should turn off the heat for the remaining time you are there - let the pipes freeze. LOL. Sorry, my vindictive nature pokes through.

    *hugs*

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Seth I completly agree, leave awindow open to let some extra cold in tooo.

    Sethy, (God this can get confusing) good luck with the work front, im sure it will be ok in the end, living with oldies is quite good I did it during my teens with my nan, shewas one of th efunnies and downt to people I ever met, a really good friend.
    Anyways
    All the best
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear of your troubles, hope the work thing comes together soon. Sounds like your living situation is all sorted and to your liking. hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments and support guys. It's really not as bad as it sounds. I have been through worse times and come thru the other side quite unscathed. It's just a matter of taking stock, cutting back and re-looking at new ways of doing things.

    @gomad and Seth... Unfortunately, I rent from one of the big rental agents who are also well known for being ruthless in getting rent in on time for the apartment owners. And it really isn't cold enough here to cause any havoc with freezing pipes hehe.... They already hold a deposit from me which will effectively cover anything I owe them, even if I don't pay anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to hear about your rental troubles and also your lack of cashflow. i really hope things pick up soon for you.

    living with parents during adulthood depends on your frame of mind. some people would shudder at the idea, other wouldn't mind it at all, i'm guessing you fit into the latter category.

    thanks for the kind words Sethy, and i really hope you get some paid work soon. got my fingers crossed for you.

    torchy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. checking up on you with a big *hug*

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.