In some respects, I like familiar things, familiar places. It makes me comfortable.
I have breakfast at the same coffee shop three or four times a week. It's also the place that Wes and I met for the first time.
When I walk in, Bradley the waiter brings me the newspaper, an ashtray and a Cappuccino. I always sit in the same place.
Bradley is cute.
I think he likes me.
I had french toast with bacon, mushrooms and grilled tomatoes today.
I feel better.
Okay silly post.... but what the hell...
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 year ago

No, that's fun. 'Morning routines' would be another comparison thingy - coz don't forget with us being in different countries and with differing traditions and circumstances -
ReplyDeletedid a double take last week coz Highwayman said what he was doing at 7am UK time (for some reason) so I told him what I was doing then. I love those time/place continuum things!
Off topic, but I've been meaning to comment on the difference between the photo at 16 and the one at 21. Although the pose is similar, at 16 you look open and cool. At 21 you've got a James Dean-like smoldering, come-hither look. (In between you look dreamy and longing, and at 33 you're back to relaxed and open.)
ReplyDeleteHope you don't mind. Just how they look to me.
@naturgesetz... yeah 21 was a bad year. So much shit going on. I was in a place I chose to be, yet knowing it was a very bad choice. At 16, I was just going with the flow. That pic was taken before the shit hit the fan in my life lol....
ReplyDeleteOoooh... I have a good idea for a few posts now lol.
You walked IN and the waiter brought you an ashtray?! You mean, you can smoke INSIDE a cafe? Bliss! I was in Vienna a few years ago, and did an orientation trip on a tour bus: the *very* camp guide commented, as we passed Starbucks, "Zer is eine cafe, wer you can drink coffee, but can't smoke. Zis is Vienna - wot is zer point of such a place?!"
ReplyDeleteAs a returned smoker - I can see his point!
@doomed... Yeah, smoking legislation here is that a restuarant / pub can have a dedicated smoking area, as long as it is seperated and seperately ventilated. It's due to change in the next year. 1st phase is no under 18's allowed in smoking areas which; second will be to ban all smoking in any inside public area's.
ReplyDeleteI am all for a complete ban on smoking in public places - even as a smoker.
I was going to say the opposite that Doomed said but in the same words "you can smoke in a cafe" YUCK lol.
ReplyDeleteComfort routines are a part of life - small things that make us happy and better able to deal with the big stuff and all the sh*t.
Unless you have OCD, in which case small things are big things, and big stuff is just overwhelming LOL.