About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Third Anniversary

W and I met exactly three yrs ago today. 6/6/06 (creepy).

Funny thing is HE is the one who reminded me this week, and sent me a text (Happy Anniversary) this morning. Awwww.......

Went to watch some rally this morning, but the dust was just too much, so I came home early. Going to shower and pop off to the Town Hall where there is a Latin/Ballroom festival going on. Str8 friend of mine is dancing around lunch time, so I want to be there for his number or three.

Then W and I are going to have a little anniversary celebration later.

Starting to stress about income again.... argh!!! Craig and I have put some ideas into motion. I need to get my hands on a set of studio lights soon. I think I will be able to generate some income that way. Not sure that portraiture is much in fashion anymore, but I have a different take on things though.....

This is a shoot I did this week. It is a father's day gift for a friend of mine. No lights, just a simple bounce with my Sigma head. It would have been so much better with a softbox.


Comments... would you hire me to do a shoot for you?

6 comments:

  1. Well, just at the moment, I can't think of anyone I'd want murdered or spunked over - but if I do, then you'll be the first to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "would you hire me to do a shoot for you?"
    Absolutely! That photo is adorable :)

    And happy anniversary :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary :)

    Great shot, but I can see what you mean, without the softbox or three, portraiture can be difficult. You can, I believe, get some great decent lights in a kit/package deal, you might sacrifice a little recycle speed and top quality, but savings would offset that.

    Either way, hope the business venture(s) come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *warm fuzzies for commenters*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you *did* let the kiddo have a fauxhawk... ;-P

    Not entirely sure if that's a good or bad thing, lol. Its a good picture, though maybe you could lighten your friend's mascara a smidge in photoshop? :-) I dunno what I'm talking about, but I *am* a homo. Does that net out to anything useful? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sethy if you want to pick my brains on family/kid portraiture ping me a mail and i'll tell you what i know. i've done a reasonable amount of paid work

    torchy!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.