About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Monday, June 22, 2009

My Father

He wasn't around much.
Lived life to the full.
He was a pilot, and engineer.
He travelled a lot.
To many places where there were other women.
He loved women.
Women loved him.
My mom loved him.
We all loved him.
He loved all of us.
He married twice.
He had four boys from his first marriage.
Two from his second.
And a daughter.
My mother and I know who her mother is.
She doesn't know who her father is.
He was a Scientologist.
He liked fast cars.
And faster bikes.
One of them killed him when he was 42.
He dreamed of his funeral three months before.
There were a lot of women at his funeral.
I was sixteen.
We all got drunk after.
To celebrate his life.
My oldest brother laughs like him.
I see him in my children.
I still miss him.
I still talk to him.
I still cry for him.

3 comments:

  1. oh wow. 42. scary. I'm glad you still talk to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *comforting HUGS* and nothing to say that wouldn't sound trite

    ReplyDelete
  3. 42 is far too young to go. thanks for posting this Sethy - it's very moving

    torchy!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.