About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Youth Day

In 1976, thousands of black kids took to the streets to protest against the South African Apartheid government's policy to force them to learn to speak Afrikaans. Horrible clashes with police followed and many kids were shot. So yesterday was a public holiday in remembrance and a reminder to us all to protect and nurture our youth.

Needless to say, I was in the mood to have a few pints with Iain last night while watching SA thrash India in the ICC World Cup T20 series. Yay! So more celebrating ensued which resulted in a terrible hangover this morning.

Bactrack to Monday.

The water pump in my car went Kaput, so I had to borrow a car from a relative. It's kind of a pool car whenever someone needs it. It really is an old crock. A seventies Chevy Chevair - Vauxhall Cavalier in some markets. Bright Orange with a CASSETTE player lolz.... My youngest daughter has never seen a cassette player, so the novelty was to pop tapes in and eject, and fast forward... you get the picture. She also commented once when confronted with a bunch of old vinyl LP's in a box that the CD player for those things must have been huge! haha!

So today I went and bought a replacement water pump, but when I opened up everything to replace it, it seems I have to remove the damn cam belt too... not something I was counting on. So I am trying to track down hot mechanic boy that I know so that I can observe (his ass) him installing it.

Had a good laugh on Saturday. The kids and I were driving to my brother, when I decided to take another route because the usual one has developed some enormous potholes. My daughter asked why I am going another way. Without thinking I said:

"Because Elm street is a nightmare."

We all realized at the same time and could not stop laughing for the rest of the way hehe.

Going out with Wes and Alison tonight - her treat. She has been leaning on both of us for emotional support over the last few weeks, so I guess it's her way of saying thanks. I hope we go to Indonesian Place. Hot gay waiter boys abound. It will make it much more fun for Wes and I. he's not really into the twinky types but he is always giggling at my inability to focus on anything other than flirting madly.

Ah well... honestly though, I feel like I am in a no-fly zone in terms of relationship stuff. Just not interested. After my last rendezvous with X, it just left me feeling a little empty and I feel really shit about ignoring him ever since. It's better if I just not go there for a while.

Last night some guy was chatting to me, and told me he was bi.... wtf did that come from? really not my type, but certainly the first time that some random guy started telling me he likes oral sex with men and doggy style with women.... and he wasn't trying to pick me up. Lol, life is funny in a world of alcohol sometimes.

Thanks for visiting..... love you guys.

5 comments:

  1. A varied and interesting slice of Sethy life!

    Thank you! Hope you get your Indonesian - but I'm sure it's nice gesture from Alison, wherever she suggests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed this post! :) Your daughters sound like really great kids. And re: chat, that was a bit creepy - not in a scary way, but in a weird way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now I know why you're not around so much anymore :-) sounds like all is well - it must have been amazing to watch the fall of apartheid first-hand - some day I hope to study up and learn a little more about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. @micky... We didn't get Indonesion, but we DID get Mozambique (Portuguese seafood heaven!) Orgasm in every bite! And the owners are HOT HOT HOT lol

    @RC... ja... creepy/weird. Actually just a little uncomfortable actually.

    @Goleft... in a way I am glad I grew up to witness the entire process from being on a high during apartheid, through being conscripted into the military to fight for the system, through Mandela being released, first REAL elections, and involvement in subsequent elections. Our last one in April was in a way, more relevant and more thought provoking then ever. Obama had a lot to do with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ Elm Street

    I should publish a BOOK of the strange chats I've had with people over the years... but that does sound a bit awkward.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.