About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An amusing weekend

Wow! A record one week without a post! I guess it is a sign of a few things. Firstly, I have said so much in the four or five months I have been here, it's difficult to write without repeating. Secondly, I typically withdraw when I am down, so I guess it's a sign. We all have our ups and downs in life, and for me it is in down phase. I know it will come back up again, but be patient with me during this time.

So... on Saturday, my oldest daughter and I went off to a Winter Solstice festival in the middle of nowhere. I say that because when I received the GPS co-ords, it just seemed impossible that this would be the location of an Irish Pub. Just a dot away from any main roads. I drove around the area, keeping my eye out for any signs of the place on the main roads until my daughter said: "Dad, just follow the directions, and lets see where we come out."

So madame GPS told me to "Turn left" onto a dusty gravel road and a few minutes later we came across this open field filled with cars - we were at the right place.

Basically, it was a place for Micro Breweries to come to gether to display there wares for tasting, accompanied by a whole lot of entertainment ranging from a Bagpipe band, Country music, Zulu Warrior Dance, and a set of Afrikaans twins (singer and musician on violin and guitar) which just blew me away with their talent. I was designated driver (Craig and Eugene met us there and drove home with us), so was restricted to tasting and a couple of small dark ales during the day. I bought my daughter a couple of Gluhweins during the day as it was pretty cold when the clouds passed over the sun. She is almost fifteen, but I prefer to be the one to expose her slowly to alcohol so that she doesn't overdo it once the peer pressure starts to kick in.

Some pics I took are below.

Afterwards, we took the hour long trip back to our hometown and Met Wes and Ali at Le Irish Pub for a quick hello, then was invited to a barbecue at an old school friend's house literally a few hundred metres away. I hadn't seen Joe since school, so it was an interesting time to say the least. Lol, Joe was the first boy I wanked with haha... Unfortunately, by the time we got there, everyone was pretty trashed. Even though my daughter is pretty tough in dealing with this kind of thing (she loves to be an observer), we only stayed for an hour or so before leaving. And Joe has turned into this overweight and outwardly slightly obnoxious person.

The best thing about the day is how Craig and I laugh so much when we are together. We have been that way since the day we met when we were both 8 years old. My stomach hurts the following day from all the laughing. And of course my daughter enjoying seeing her dad laugh so much. It's good for the soul.

In the background though, I am in panic mode about money. I don't operate well here.

Good news though is that I am going away with Wes, Markymark and MG this weekend to a gay boys only resort about two hours away. It's not a nudist thing, and it's not intended to be a gay play weekend. Just four gay friends going away to get some relax time in, a few bottles of red wine, a few board games, some back to nature stuff, and some jacuzzi time. And I paid for this already about a month ago, so I dont need to stress about the cost of it lol. We driving up in Wes's car. I have a feeling it is going to be a bunch of fun :)

4 comments:

  1. your pictures are great - can you follow me around on my next vacation so I can have some good pictures from it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have camera, will travel......

    Thanks Goleft :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a good time at the festival, as the pics confirm - v pretty girl at lower right btw.

    sorry about your money woes atm. hope your joint venture and others will start bringing in some cash soon.

    sounds like your upcoming weekend is gonna be whole lot of fun too ;)

    torchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sorry to hear you are getting down. I know all about it, obviously. But hang in there, things will swing around eventually.

    Money issues suck too. Good thing you already chalked up the upcoming weekend plans and can just go without worrying (too much) about finances. It sounds like a really, well, fun, normal, social, activity. Really hope you enjoy it!!

    *hugs*
    The Other Sethy

    :)

    oh and laughter is good mojo, so i hear.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.