About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Anniversary night out

We had an awesome night out. W texted me about suggestions about where we should go, and I suggested seafood. He he, he was also in the mood. I wanted sushi, I know he doesn't do sushi, but theres this really cool place up the road that does amazing sushi and seafood.

We had prawns wrapped in bacon and fried in batter for starters. I had a salmon sushi platter (sashimi, nigiri, cali rolls etc), and W ordered a prawn/calamari/hake combo which was EXCELLENT. I had some of the calamari and a couple of prawns because his dish was HUGE.

Bottle of white wine (KWV Chenin Blanc) with dinner, and a couple of Irish coffees for dessert. It was still early when we finished so we went off to lemongrass (An IndonesionStyle Restuarant) where they have a lounge and a fireplace. We flopped on one of the couches and ordered a bottle of red wine (Porcupine Ridge Merlot).

Actually, one of the reasons we went is because I have the hots for one of the owners lol... All the waiters are mincing queens, and there is usually a few gay couples that frequent the place. The lounge is close to the waiters station, so we giggled like a couple of girls each time one of the cute waiters came past. They were loving the attention though. One guy (found out later his name is Jacques) kept walking past for no reason so he could catch my eye and smile....

Turns out the guy I wanted to see was off duty last night, so I called him when we finished our wine and we all arranged to meet at the English pub. When we got there, we knew a few people so ended up just having an awesome social evening, spending most of our time with a str8 guy that went to school with Wes. Too many vodka's later, we left, warm in the glow of vodka, wine, good food, and excellent company.

Got in at 2am, and noticed my brother in New Zealand was online on Skype, so ended up having a jolly drunken catchup with him and his wife.

Was mildly hungover this morning. Mother called to ask if she can come around later to use my shower. Their geyser packed up last night. So I am doing laundry and generally giving the place a little cleanup this morning. I took nearly 500 pics at the dance competition yesterday. mainly because I was experimenting with light and stuff, so I want to go through some of that today and post it to my other website for the dancers to access it.

I will probably be taking a back seat in blogworld for a bit. Will still be reading where I can, but I have a lot of work to do on the new site. It has to start generating cash soon and is my priority for now.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a lovely night out! I had sushi once only (opportunity denied since). Oddly it was in St. David's concert hall in Cardiff. They were having a 'guest chef' month.

    Anyway - I know you'll be thinking of us and will keep your eye on us all while you busy with your proper, grown-up website. I used to have a couple of those for our boating business. Hard work, but great fun!

    Good luck - and don't become too much of a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for you having a great time!!

    CRY for you also "breaking" from the Blog world - but it's ok, we'll all be around for you!!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.