So I officially became a motoring journalist today....
A Friend and I have been toying with the idea of starting up a web site catering for car enthusiasts with a bit of a twist. He has been in the motor trade forever (so was/is his father). I have been writing for ages. Never serious stuff - just contributions here and there. Some short stories, collaborations, that kind of thing. But I love cars, and have always been rather envious of the Jeremys and Richards of the world.
So we decided fuck it! We are going to start up our own site, build a following, perhaps become famous and drive exotic cars every day. It's not in isolation of course. It's part of a whole network of things, and really designed around generating traffic to a couple of other sites. So it's my new (non-paying for now) hobby.
The take is different. I am not writing as an experienced motoring hack, but rather as a man on the street, commenting from a position outside of the marketing blurb. Our target is to actually start 'testing' cars and dealerships in the future and begin attracting adspend as readership increases.
AND my photo site will go live soon. The pic's from the dance festival were a hit.
I had a REALLY CREEPY dream in the wee hours of the morn. In the dream, I was in bed with the pedo of long ago, and he kept trying to touch me. He had become gnarly and old. Unshaven and fat... Each time he reached for me, I could smell his breath and I was actually having convulsive reactions such was my repulsion.
To lighten the mood, a couple of pics from the Dance Festival.





Dance on! Dance on! for the night is yet young!
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck with the new venture!
I'm sure there's a good market in the global warming, gas guzzling US! So I hope there's also one nearer to you!
Hey, we're making hybrid Escalades now! We may guzzle down other things, but not gas! ;-P
ReplyDeleteAnd btw: love the new banner! The moustache was unfortunate, but the rest look great! lol
Oh nice nice; I love cars so much. Your favourite would be...?
ReplyDeleteJonathan.