About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

As introduction - 25 things....

1. I look, act and hang out with people ten years or more younger than me (ie in their twenties or early thirties)

2. I went to high school in the early eighties when being gay was considered a freak of nature.

3. I officially came out to my mother on her sixtieth birthday although there were no real surprises. I was 37 at the time.

4. I was married for twelve years and have two teenage daughters. My ex-wife left me for another woman. The irony.....

5. I don't like to be near animals that weigh more than I do. I just don't. Though I am a cat lover, but only have a budgie as a pet.

6. I did my pilot's licence in high school, though the last time I flew as a qualified pilot was in my twenties. I wanted to be a fighter pilot, but failed the medical exam. Apparently pressure changes and my body don't go well together. I have flown in a Mirage III though.

7. I was conscripted into the military after high school and spent two years in an air defence unit - surface to air missile systems.

8. I have always been in the top three in any course I have taken, yet have never aspired to be academic in any way.

9. I procrastinate in a way that is not good for me.

10. I absolutely hate being late for anything though. It is obsessive.

11. I have had both male and female sexual partners, but have never considered myself bi or straight in essence.

12. I seem to attract good looking women, and psycho men.

13. When a cute guy walks in the door, I first look at facial symmetry and the smile before my eyes wander anywhere else.

14. Humour is a huge turnon. Agression and bad manners are immediate turnoffs.

15. Overage drivers annoy me. There should be a law against it.

16. Race has never been an issue for me, but it has for most of my immediate family.

17. My parents divorced when I was seven. I never saw much of my father until his untimely death on a motorcycle when I was sixteen and he was forty-two. I miss him terribly.

18. I spent all of high school with a paedophile, and some time after. I have finally forgiven him, and take solace that a car accident has left him without any sexual function.

19. I believe in Karma.

20. I am a very bad liar, so avoid having to do so at all costs.

21. I don't like sweet things, but take sugar in my tea and coffee. The same goes for milk.

22. I was born, and currently live in South Africa, though have traveled quite a bit.

23. I want to retire in South America.

24. I currently work in an industry that doesn't really interest me. But it pays the bills. Quite well actually. And I have a lot of time off inbetween projects.

25. I have an extensive 'bucket list', and have pretty much covered a huge chunk of it.

3 comments:

  1. We seem to have a number of things in common, except I have 'retired' to New Zealand. 18 rings a bell, though he hasn't had a car accident. I forgave him last year - it was a liberating experience. Maybe that is how the reconciliation thing works in SA. 19 is very relevant to me. I am still married, and have 3 boys. 25 is pretty much done: I am not quite sure what that says - fortunately, seeing my boys grow up to be happy and honourable is still on the list!
    G =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Doomed....

    Interesting. Seems I keep adding to the bucket list though. I agree though with seeing your boys grow up being honourable.

    Yeah, the forgiveness took a long time, and it was also only a couple of years ago. It changed the way I see things though.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.