About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Favourite Poem.. copy and paste it somewhere

After awhile you learn
the subtle difference between
holding a hand and chaining a soul
and you learn that love doesn`t mean possession
and company doesn`t mean security.
And you begin to learn that kisses aren`t contracts
and presents aren`t promises and you begin to accept
your defeats with your head up and your eyes ahead
with the grace of an adult not the grief of a child.
And you learn to build your roads today
because tomorrow`s ground is too uncertain for plans
and futures have ways of falling down in mid-flight.
After awhile you learn that even sunshine
burns if you get too much so you plant your
own garden and decorate your own soul
instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure
that you really are strong
and you really do have worth
and you learn
and you learn…

Veronica A. Shoffstall


The journey continues....

4 comments:

  1. Oh I will do as you say, wise one.

    I will cut and paste and wonder at the majesty of it.

    Hopefully my part gay, part bi and part breeder readership will love it.

    I'll be giving you (another) credit for it, never fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Micky (fuck, can't help it lol!)

    Yeah, thanks... I stumbled on it a couple of yrs ago... I know a lotta people who should stick it on their fridge and read it everytime they go out on a new date :)

    Myself included. And yeah, it's on my fridge too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fine words sethy - fine words indeed, and worth saving.

    but - and this is the embarassing bit - i'm on the iphone and the font's a bit small and i was convinced your title was 'favourite porn' and i'm like yeah ok, nice pome, but where's the pics? lol

    torchy!

    guess i'll have to find my own... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Torchy I'm sure you had to hidden some tears too while reading, and Sal thank you so much for give me this link to you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.