About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Lightning Quick Post

A Welcome to Steevo in cali. Steevo is one of those special people we can only hope our kids come into contact with while they go through the school system. I love the 'activism' in his posts. Steevo is a high schoool teacher, and a no nonsense all round good guy.

We having freaky weather here... A typical summer afternoon thunderstorm at 6am on an early winters morning? With hail? wtf is that about? Nearly crapped myself when lightning hit a tree or something in the park over the road while I was still dreaming about making out in parking lots....

Had to rush downstairs to unplug the PC. I have lost 3 power supplies, a mother board and graphics card in the last two years due to the phenomenal lightning we get here.

I took these a couple of summers ago....

7 comments:

  1. I think the black ad white photo is my favoriet! :D

    B xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sethy

    the pics are nice and Florida can have violent thunderstroms also with lighting strikes often hitting the ground

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics Sethy. my fave's the colour one. i love lightning storms - we just don't get enuf of them here.

    torchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all....

    @Torchy!... We have spectacular storms here from mid Nov till End December, there is a break, and the rain returns till the end of Feb, but more of the warm soaking type. Its unusual to have thunderstorms here right now, and it has been a full week of them, and at odd times during the day (They are more likely late afternoon for some reason)

    ReplyDelete
  5. makes my hair stand on end just looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome pics!!! i have never been able to successfully capture lightning on film (or memory card as the case may be). :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. lolz Seth, I forgot you are not comfortable around thunderstorms. Personally, I feel exhilirated by them.

    Hey Deadwing.. I basically set up the camera on a tripod and just keep taking exposures of eight to twelve seconds. It's a hit and miss affair, but usually there is at least one or two good ones. These were taken an old old Kodak DC4800 which has since expired service. There is a piece of land across from where I live that apparently has a high iron ore content, so it is a guaranteed hot spot for ground strikes. It makes it 'luckier' for getting good lightning shots.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.