About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Monday, May 04, 2009

A welcome and other bits...

First off, a welcome Paul from Kinderfield. Another boi from Brizvegas, who has stylish taste in music, and an eloquent writing style.

Pop in and buy him a beer, preferably a good South African one. I seem to remember being able to get my hands on a Castle Lager while I was there. Or perhaps he's more of a Bourbon and Coke kinda guy, not sure yet :)

And I been ranting about my mobile service provider to anyone who will listen. I havent been able make calls since Friday. Makes me feel like a cheapskate, having to text my mates to please call me (I can send texts). But the ever tech-savvy Sethy-boi fucked up a setting on the damn phone at some point, so don't tell ANYONE - it was all my fault hahaha! Ah well, saved loads on calls this weekend.

And I love getting mail (thanks bob), so drop me a line sometime. I'm not nearly as interesting on MSN (except with a certain boy in Sydney who incidentally NEVER mails me grrrr). Is it just me, or are Ozzy boys just smokin'?

Oh dear, Iain just called. Seems a beer is in order tonight (again) lol.

I have to laugh at him though. He is the quintessential str8 guy. Shaved head, tats (though he smokes like a fag). He is one of my best mates. When I came out to him, we were both drunk as skunks on absinthe.... he never said anyhting, but he has a stream of gay-bashing jokes in his arsenal, and I thought it would fuck the friendship up. A few days later, I popped into our regular for a pint and he was there, so I decidied just to face him and see where it goes.

So I sit down, and the barman plonks my regualr drink in front of me. We don't speak for a minute or two, so I apologize for coming out to him...

He bursts out laughing and says: "What? You told me you're gay?"

He couldn't remember a thing about the whole incident.

ANyways, as I said, he is one of the best mates around, and he was instrumental in getting me 'out' there to meet some other 'queer folk'. So when he is in between girlfriends (which seems to be quite frequent lately), he is always twisting the old rubber arm to go out for a pint or six. A few times now we have been asked if we are a couple hahaha! Much to his disgust. Though he did admit once that he kinda feels proud if someone asks if we are together lol. Weird boy. And he is not my type lol, else I think we may have even tried a thing or two hehe. We have shared a bed twice while sleeping over at a party. I can't sleep with clothes on, so I am always stripped down. He sleeps with the entire kit on haha! Funny boy. So we going to Le Rasta Style place tonight. A new regular for the two of us. And its very convenient for me as it is only about 1km from here and out of the DUI routes. besides, Le Irish Regular has quiz night on a Monday, and its basically pensioners night ugh!

A few yrs ago, we used to do the quiz night, and one night one of the questions was what the traditional gift is for a 75th wedding anniversary. An old geezer shouted at the top of his voice: "The Bloody Victoria Cross!"

laterz fellow bloggers.....

(that went on a bit didn't it?)

6 comments:

  1. LOL at "What? You told me you're gay?" and "The Bloody Victoria Cross!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a mate! He sounds like a character and a perfect one to have a pint or two with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey your friends sounds like a hottie. Anways thanks for the intro and for calling me eloquent i had to google that >.>
    laterz
    kinderfield

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah. That's just like one of my friends... I made a big, huge deal about coming out over dinner, took a breath, owned the moment, waited for a response, and got: "That's great. Can I have a spoon?" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol... pics follow in next post

    hehe@gauss

    ReplyDelete
  6. not getting the joke and references, but its good that you have a (strange relationship) drinking buddy / friend.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.