About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Monday, May 04, 2009

Monday :)

OMG what a full weekend! And the kids hijack the internet connection when they are here, so I just never get time to get on and check out the latest in blogland. Took me a a good three hours last night to catch up on the regulars, and then a bunch of time going thru the porn blogs this morning hehe....

I have actually culled a few, it's just taking too much of my time. Fuck, I just could not settle last night, perhaps it was the gunshots just before I turned the lights out. Its been a long time since I heard shots around here. I used to live in the centre of town for a few years. A few blocks away, there is a cluster of blocks where prostitution and drugs are rife, and on a Saturday night there would always be shot or two, or at the very least sirens blaring up and down. There was also a trauma unit in the next block, so ambulances were up and down on a regular basis, along with medi-vac helicopters. I loved that apartment though. I had the most amazing view. It is the highest building in our sleepy almost city, and I was on the 9th floor overlooking the high density residential part of town.

At least my 'agent' called this morning, not for more work, but to let me know that the balance of my payment is imminent - thank goodness. I have been freaking out inside for a month now, and I had to call oldest brother for a short term loan this month. I positively hate having to borrow from anyone.

And once again blah to SA Idols. The quality of the talent just seems to have gone down this year. The judges looked bored, and the sound quality was pathetic! And now they are advertising SA Has Talent! omg, I shudder to think. I am glad I don't have a Sat connection for all those other waste-of-time channels of reruns, or else I might even get caught up in all the hype.

And talking of hype: This swine flu thing is omg media hype crap. Malaria kills 2million people a year, and is treatable. 2,000 people died of Cholera in Zimbabwe this year alone because the fuckwit that insists on holding onto power, draining the fecking economy and all 'his' people with it while he dines on caviar and his wife shops in Hong Kong. Now there's a deserving case for swine flu.

Oh dear, am I whining so early in the week?

And talking of gunshots... I am such a damn pacifist lol. No guns in my house, even if you are visiting. Just ironic that when I was in the military, I was a weapons instructor lol. Some good advice: never touch an Uzzi haha... it is fecking dangerous, and goes off with the slightest bump or mishandling. I nearly had a few holes in the foot to prove it hehe.

I surprised everyone last year on brother's farm. Brother1 (and his son) are a little rifle mad (for hunting purposes mind you). So we had his old .308 out and were doing some target practice along with a high power air rifle. I was at a distance, shooting with the long lens. Eventually my kids and nephew were buggin me to take a few shots with the real thing.

The old weapons instructor in me surfaced. So all casual like, I load up and let off a few rounds like I don't really care. No-one can group like me with a .308 from 100 yards - especially with a good scope. And the airgun hahaha! Decimated the competition lol... Yeah, the Gay Boy can hold is own hehe.... So my really hot nephew has a new respect for me lol. he is so cute though, always kissing me on the lips when we greet hehe. But he has two gay uncles, and his other one is also affectionate like me, so its all good. My brother and his wife joke that they are the only couple they know who each have a gay brother lol....

8 comments:

  1. Golly! Wot a long, complicated and interestin post! It was good all the way through - like a Mars Bar.

    Fancy havin cute nephews who give your mouth a blowjob! And being a hotshot - we'll all hve to behave ourselves around here or Sethy will blow our brains out soon as look at us.

    Pacifist he calls it! Ug. That's not wot Ud normally call the man with a gun in his hand.

    Gd news about the imminence of overdue funds tho. Get the f'ing loot up front next time - or at least better stage payments. But I'm sure you got that one now!

    Good read on a wet Bank Holiday morning tho. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been staying up until 3-4 AM the last week between work and the weekend, so last night I finally got to bed around 1:30, and it seemed early. Here we are at 7:15, and I need to get my ass in gear so I can attack the day. With a mild hangover. I think partying 3 nights in a row is a new record.

    Oh and its always great to step out of your assigned box and surprise a few people...

    Time to run!
    ~G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to see all my little cousins yesterday on Skype when we called just to say and so the kids could see each other. I hate that they are on the other side of the country :-( Even my nephews and nieces I only see a couple times a year at best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point about malaria.

    It's always nice to gat some respect for something people didn't know about you, like being able to hit a target with a weapon better than anybody else in the group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey im a new reader to your blog, but already interested. Can't wait to read all your posts (i do it with all blogs lmao i know its lame)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mick.. always a pleasure old boy!

    @Gauss.. 3 days in a row! And I thought you never had it in you! Always good to let the hair down a bit every now and then, and sounds like fun all round too!

    @Goleft.. I know the feeling. Said nephew lives on the other side of the coutry too, and I have a niece and nephew in the UK I only see once a year. Always good to see how they grow from year to year though. My kids miss them loads when they have to go back. Thank goodness for Skype though for their sake

    @naturgesetz... which weapon are you referring to now? lolz

    @kinderfield... welcome, I will be doing the same to your blog :) A Manson Fan... I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry but the "no guns even if you are visiting" made me chuckle, the way it sounded I guess. Do you normally get heavily armed visitors? :)

    j/k

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.