About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Some of my fav South African TV Ads at the moment

Enjoy. The first is my fav ad currently running. It reminds me of my late gran who finally recognised she was an overage driver at 82 and gave her car away.

The second is a Nando's Ad. I know there are a few nando's infiltrating Oz, some Eauropean countries, the UK and even in the States recently (I think their first is in DC) Their ad campaigns are always cheeky and often political satires. I would have put the one they were running during our elections, but it just wouldn't make sense.

The following two are for a low cost Airline - Kulula.com - Kinda Virgin Bluish. Their ads are hilarious, but even if you call their toll-free, you are left giggling long before the operator answers. The onflight safety demo's are gut wrenchingly funny as the scripts are written by comedians and changed regularly.

The last is also for Kulula.com, but for their credit card. Watch out for the very last old guy in this sketch. He is my mom's mad cousin. He is 76 now. He recently did an ad for our local Satelite TV thingy where he ran naked across a bowling green hehe.

Enjoy










7 comments:

  1. Hah. I like the insurance one. Go look at this one. It's an ad that was running for a while here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe... I went to the texas one. Cool hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha the old woman one is so freaky take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVblWq3tDwY that is disturbing

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, freaky doesn't even describe it. Funny thing is that I can do that with mine hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nando's was hilarious. DId they actually say "double-breasted burger?" I also liked the Foster's Dry that came up at the end, with the empty pool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EPIC commercials man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @naturgesetz... Yeah they did haha! All their ads push the boundaries a bit, some are removed after complaints to the Ad Standards Authority, but it just serves to strengthen the brand

    @Randy... EPIC indeed. We have an amazing ad industry. I still occassionally do some copywriting, but it's usually for boring professional associations and stuff, and always for print in industry related publications :) My cousin has a small ad agency and sometimes passes a bit of work my way.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.