About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sunday night

Geez, just spent nearly three hours catching up on the weekends blogs....

And three gunshots just went off pretty close - sounded like less than a block away. Though the third sounded quite a bit further, so perhaps they were coming from a car on the freeway (I live pretty close to the freeway). Never fun to hear. And they def weren't car backfire noises.......

So, it was a full weekend for me with the kids. We went out on Friday night to some God forsaken pub about 10km from home just to support a friend's friend who was playing a gig there. Hehe, our party of six (including my girls) were THE ONLY PEOPLE THERE.......

I sure felt shit about that, as he was a brilliant singer, and could work magic with his guitar - and damn hot too...... Ah well, it was pretty cool anyways.

Then yesterday was house cleaning day, so we spent most of it vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, doing laundry and stuff. I made some wicked soup for later, then after we went to meet Iain at our (child-friendly) local. I had a brandy or two, and caught up with all the goings on.

Today we did homework in the morning, then the ex called and said she a friend had offered her two tickets to the IPL game today at Wanderers so she wanted to take our oldest with. S is a cricket fan, and had never been to Wanderers before, so I agreed immediately.

My little one and I went off to mother's place to do duty at a boring (other side of the) family lunch. It turned out okay I guess. The food was good at least, and we stayed to watch the finals of the SA Idols thing. Blah... it always leaves a little bit of a sour taste for me. Four years ago, I worked with the Idols production team, and they still owe me a bunch of cash, so fuck them too.

More tomorrow. The laptop eyboard s actng up. Guess whch letters eep falng

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite a domestic weekend. Sometimes it's good to have some days without drama and shock. :) And the last sentence, LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. would this be an innapropriate time to say that the south African accents is WAY too underrated!

    im watching TV, and there was a guy on it from SA, and it reminded just how much i love the SA accent.... i'de say it's the best english accent out there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. V Glad we don't have a Sethy with holes in but U really must stop eating toast over yr keyboard. Coffee's just as bad and red wine . . .

    We now have a plug in xtra butch kyboard for when these tinpot things on laptops bust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sethy

    sounds like a nice way to spend your weekends
    hope all is well and it sounds like you had a private performance

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a perfectly excellent weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys all make me feel warm inside with your great comments.

    @Tyler... Thanks mate, perhaps we could do a talky on msn sometime :) I just hate it when foreigners do movies about SA and they put some dork in to do a make-believe accent, and it sounds TERRIBLE haha! hugs for that anyway

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.