My kids spend Thursday nights with me - a legacy from the ex's hockey match nights before she stopped playing. My youngest had been complaining about a mosquito bite that continued itching. There a lot of mozzies at the moment due to the high rainfall we have had this summer, and probably the rain we have had over the last week more than a month out of season.
When she went up to bed, she came down again in a panic. The 'mozzie bite' had turned into a swollen rash extending up her arm to her shoulder, and there were signs of a rash on her thigh as well.
Anyway, long story short, I had a discussion over the phone with the ex to find out if she had changed detergents or anyhting, and eventually she brought some anti-histamines down for her. By the time she got here, the rash had all but disappeared except where it was at its worse.
I make a stress release product, and had finished a new batch yesterday and I am using a new brand of Lavender essential oil. The reason I mostly stick with Lavender, is that it is the safest of the aroma therapeutic oils, and there are very very few people that present with allergies to it. So the house still has a lavender residual aroma, and I am wondering if she has suddenly developed an allergy to it.
Ah well, it seems to be better now, she has taken a pill and is sound asleep, so will look at it tomorrow morning again.
And W is still not talking to me (?). I have no idea what I have said or done, but it just seems to have stopped, and his FB updates are cryptic..... I think he is upset because in the face of financial crap, I actually went out a couple of times this week and enjoyed myself. No doubt he thinks I am being child like and squandering my money on wine, men and song rather than focussing on 'getting a job'.
Poor boy, I think he has failed spectacularly in his estimation of who I am, where I come from, and my capabilities and strength of character. Sadly, he is still young and naive. I have been through much worse times. It is just a hiccup, a time given to me to reflect. I guess there a lot of people who fail to understand what motivates me.
Yes, I get scared, anxious - even depressed from time to time. But the average human is more resilient than many give ourselves credit for.
Confucious said something along the lines of: Don't tire yourself trying to swim up the wave, it will come to you, and then you can ride the crest effortlessly.
I can already feel the wave rising. Soon I will be gaining ground without the frenetic panic and hopeless splashing around that some feel they have to do during a crisis. It's all about timing.
Thanks for popping in, you're welcome to stay for another cup of tea, and perhaps a whiff of Lavender. It's very relaxing.
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.