About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Monday, May 25, 2009

Oh....

And I texted X on Sat night too..... Our correspondence had just fizzled out.

I really, really like him. RC's experience with Mr Mojito struck a chord though. I am afraid that if it turns out to be a once off, I am going to be disappointed. And the complication is so much deeper. It's an interracial thing, and as much as it doesn't matter to me, I am afraid there is still so much racism around. My kids mother is one of the worst.... and I am not sure how my kids would cope if X ever became part of my life. It's enough they have to deal with having a gay father.

I don't want to start a relationship that has to be hidden. It would be like walking back into the closet. And I really like it out here in the sunshine.

Why is life so HARD sometimes? God I hate prejudice, labels and stereotyping.

3 comments:

  1. I guess being able to see the likely consequences means that we've grown up, but I'm not sure if that is entirely good. Regardless of what I think, we all have to make tough choices. If we make the right choice, then great! If not, then we hope for another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...or live with the one we made!

    I can put-up with labels and stereotyping, but *not* prejudice!

    Take care,
    Col

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I wonder about the whole mixed-race thing sometimes. My guess is that the same people who make snap judgments based on the color of the guy that you're kissing will be making snap judgments anyway because you're kissing a guy.

    Go have a look at this article at The New Gay, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.