
It's been a while since I had to actually drive close to the Johannesburg City Centre. It's become a scary place lol....
But off I went this morning in my little red compact. The road works are a nightmare at the moment as the govt spends like crazy to prepare for the 2010 Soccer Fifa World Cup. It's all good though. Gov capital spending is the best thing to keep an economy ticking in quiet times (see The Mulitplier Effect).
I was concerned about parking at the company I was visiting, but I needn't have. They have a huge secure parking area. The building had been renovated and when I walked in, it was a pleasant modern atmosphere. They do digital printing - they are the guys printing my albums. There is too much space for them, so on each floor, staff are spread out in a quiet spacious open planned area. Very pleasant indeed. The guy who helped me - Mike - was wonderful. He gave me a tour while they processed my order, giving away all their trade secrets lol...
I had some probems with their online payment system, hense my need to visit them. Luckily the guy who handles their website was quick to help me out. OMG HOTNESS lol. I tried batting my eyes and touching myself inappropriately, but to no avail. Lol, I didn't really, but you know what I mean.
And they do a host of stuff I didn't know about, and prices are reasonable, so I have a bunch of new ideas to work with too - Calenders; postcards; large format printing, that kind of thing. They also do web design, manage bulk email marketing programs and secure online payments so my brain is ticking.
It was just nice to get out in the car and drive somewhere with purpose. I was downish last night and it has at least helped me out of that.
Oh, and I will be away in Cape Town from Thursday till Monday evening (YAY!), so won't be posting. I should test post from my phone before I go, so that perhaps I could pop one or two in. P is being all secretive about it. "Please don't mention on FB or anywhere that you going to CT."
This means his wife doesn't know I am going with. Still a bit weird for me though. I mean I have no intention of 'stealing' her husband, he has no intention of leaving her for me. He's just a bi guy who needs someone to share his secret with. I doubt anything more than watching a bit of porn with some mutual wanking will happen - even if that happens at all - though he has asked me to trim *giggles*.
One thing is for sure though, there are some really decent gay clubs in CT, so I will at least be visiting The Bronx, whether P goes with or not. The coloured boys will be flaunting their stuff, and I love the attention. And I don't mean that in any racist kind of way lol.... It's just the way it is in CT. It's kinda our San Francisco of South Africa. And a great place to be gay and flaunt it a bit. I also have a couple of friends I MAY go visit, but I will only contact them if I am sure I will have the time.
I think the weather is a bit chilly for the nudist beaches, but who knows? Perhaps P will be in the mood.

Torchy! you know? You have a very accessible way of writin! I find I get drawn into your good posts - and this was one of those. I really want to come with you now!
ReplyDeleteReckon you should try for a job as a travel writer tho - especially if U cld get a nice young man to go with you and make it a gay review.
Sure U cld sell that!
P&I are going away Sat for a week too.
I hope you have an amazing weeked :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are going to have a great adventure. :D Have fun!
ReplyDeleteIs the city really that bad/dangerous? Heh that sucks.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great time and some hot eye-candy - AND good times with P - hope you and he have a good, non-awkward bonding weekend. Err. that sounds wrong. u know what i mean.
Hey Seth... Yeah it is quie bad. Big businesses started migrating out the city about fifteen years ago furthr north to Sandton, and since then it deteriated into a ghost city, filling up with illegal tenants and homeless people including many, many illegal immigrants from places such as Zimbabwe where they have fled poverty to find a new life. During the last few years, a LOT of work has been done to clean the place up and to try attract big tenants back. It's not really that dangerous during the day. I feel pretty safe walking around, but I wouldn't venture anywhere near at night. Just too many desperate people around. It's a very strange situation and perhaps I need to blog about it some time because it is something that makes SA sound like a very dangerous place when in fact it isn't.
ReplyDelete