About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Election Day

Me, I voted Freedom Front Plus for my provincial vote simply because they have done a lot of work in our province towards the preservation of the Afrikaans culture, and it's another vote against the ANC. And also because i know that the DA just doesn't have a chance here.

For my national vote, I chose the DA (Democratic Alliance) led by Helen Ziller. This is because we need someone with balls in the official opposition, and the more votes... etc.

So yeah, bring on the thought police....

Stood three hours in the voting queue, pretty much what I expected anyway. Took a flask coffee, but only had one cup lol... it was pretty cold, but the vibe was good, and chatted with a bunch of strangers. Actually a fair amount of eye candy too. Only wish it was midsummer so that there was a little less clothing involved....

had lunhc with my mom and my aunt after at a little seafood restuarant. Fish, Calamari and chips. Excellent as always from this place. It's my favourite Sushi joint, but because they were paying, I managed to resist the temptation. Pity Sushi is so expensive; I could simply live on it.

Then went home to check mails and stuff, and off to Le Irish Pub for a beer or ten with Iain to celebrate being good citizens.

Home at 7pm, a little inebriated, but all good.

Fuck, I need to get laid. And soon.

Enjoy the journey, good bloggers.

Oh FUCK, just realized this is post number ONE HUNDRED!

Hmm... the next one will be lighter, and more in line with the momentous occasion itself.

Perhaps I will post pics of me... It's not like I have anything to hide. Though I have had at least ONE comment from a fellow South African. But he lives abroad anyway.

Lol, but perhaps you have built up a mental image of what I look like and would possibly disappoint....?

What ya think? hmm?

Call the fucking Thought Police!

5 comments:

  1. If you're not sure about posting a photo, maybe you could post a "group" shot (like in your previous post) with you in it, and just not say which one is you? Just a thought!

    Take care,
    Col

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a good citizen and fulfilling your civic duty. Sushi and a trip to the pub were well-deserved. :) I'm a sushi lover as well. I don't go more than two weeks without sushi. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being a good citizen. It makes all those bloody years boycotting things and mildly agitating worthwhile!

    I remember Helen Suzmann, was she called?
    Bloody good Liberal, we thought.
    Wot's this Hellen like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good plan Col:)

    RC: Next Thursday, your place, sushi. Call me. :)

    Mick: To give you an idea. Opening ceremony in Cape Town of the IPL Cricket league. Our current President is welcoming dignitaries and celebrities. When he welcomed the Mayor (Currently Helen Ziller), the entire stadium stood and cheered and roared, and the President had to wait several minutes before it quietened down for him to continue.

    I posted earlier that she is kinda Hillary Clinton/Maggie Thatcher rolled into one. She takes no crap.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXvfm2BbLvY

    She looks a bit tame here though and the clip is not great quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers - one does get so out of touch!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.