About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Offended

I commented in sympathy to this post

This was the response.

"No offence Sethy but Africa and countries there are not part of civilized world, at least not with standards of civilized world we expect from developed countries."

I am offended and I have nothing more to say about it.

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha condescending much? lol What a dick!
    Makes people think twice about posting their opinions huh?

    Hope youre having a splendid day though :)

    B xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sethy

    He did apologize for offending you in the end and i do think South Africa like a lot of countries mine included have come a long way towards promoting equality in its soceity for all races

    Sure things could always get better but its not what it used to be

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Student: Lolz, I am having an amazing day

    Bob: You don't really think that was an apology do you? Personally, I prefer to think first before I think I may offend anybody. Poor student was right, it was plain condescending. But I love the way you are always there to put out fires. That's why we love you!

    The minor angry moment is gone already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'She stamped her foot, more in anger than in pain. In truth it hadn't hurt so much, but the sting of the nettle had been very sharp and sudden. It had made even the good fairy cry out and use a naughty word."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. That comment was completely unnecessary. But I guess it's over and done with *shrug*

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I actually spent 15 minutes just now looking at comparative world ranking for various countries' economies and societies, realized it would be poor form to post it, and decided to write this instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a little drama to spice things up. But I did comment on the fact I think it was not a fair generalization of an entire country, and yes, rather condescending.

    To be fair, I think PH might need to rethink that - and hopefully won't get a shitstorm of controversy on his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a) I seem to be behind in some way... I've just got up and I see you've already posted and had a bunch of responses... oh well, that's what going to bed late does for me I guess.

    b) I have to say that I REALLY love this country! Sure, yes, there is crime, and a lot of things that still need to be worked on... but we've already come a long way, and change is still happening.
    I was worried about perpetuating a steriotypical view of SA by my last comment, but I just felt touched by your sharing your experience.
    I believe in our country and it's people.

    All I'll say for now...
    G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments guys.

    And thanks for yours especially mysterious 'G', whoever you may be :)

    Have cool day guys

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.