About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Sunday, April 12, 2009

What we should be thinking about

Easter eggs and Christmas gifts have always annoyed me.

The commercialism and symbols detract completely from the real message - the universal message.

I am not a christian in the conventional sense. I don't believe that there was a real person called Jesus Christ, who was the Son of God.

I DO believe though, that he is a manifestation of a time when the Christ message was bursting to come out, and no matter what the traditionalists thought, no matter how they tried to crucify it, it had been born, and would rise again and again, even when it was thought it had died.

The Christ message is older than the bible, older than the Catholic Church, and by God, older than the Niocenes.

The message speaks of love. Love of yourself - no matter who you are. Love for your neighbour - no matter your differences in religion, race or origin. And forgiveness. There is no rewind button in life; no way to go back and change things. We can only change from this moment on. The only thing we can do about the past is to forgive it in the present.

Does God exist?

Yes, he does. He is the life force within us. He is the power we have to change everything. He is our human spirit. He is what connects us every day. He is our free will, the choices we make every moment we live and breathe.

The churches call it prayer. I call it looking into yourself; speaking to your life force; your choices to change, to forgive, to love.

We have some bloggers who are down right now. Many of them are stuck in a past, or suffocated by an action. There is no rewind. Look only ahead. Make the changes, make the choices. Forgive the past. And love yourself - it is very very attractive.



1 comment:

  1. Oestar was the pagan godess of the spring right wwhich was celebrated with the symbols of the egg and the hare. It's all about the Equinox and rebirth of the earth.

    Obviously that involved a lot of fucking - another old Anglo Saxon word. Why we're so ashamed of our religious origins or our old language I've no idea.

    Christmas, of course, was put in place of the pagan Saternalia, and Father Christmas was a Victorian invention. And was dressed in green. A strangely down in the forst pagan type colour.

    Does that help you at all?

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.