What started out as a day I really didn't want to face, turned out really cool. Older brother held party at a really small pub for all his mates that couldn't make it to his wedding last weekend - and those who couldn't be invited due to space constraints lol.
Mother and I decided to have a few drinks on our own before we went, so once we got there, we were already a little oiled as such.
The DJ's were two hot boys lol. One was sagging so much, I still marvel at how his jeans stay where they are. And the barman *sigh*. Sethy has a thing for barmen... much the same as some of us have a thing for canteen bois apparently lol.
We ended up doing line dances to Abba hits hehe... the general age group having been exposed.
I am so glad I am out to everyone I know... including my daughters. It makes things so much easier, and unwanted girls know they can dance with me, but know there is going to be no hanky panky after...
I read blogs everyday about guys who are not out yet, and I really really sympathize. The reality is though that these days, people in general are so damned accepting. But I also know that the hardest part for me was to come out to MYSELF. The admission that hey.... boys = hardon.. well that was the mindfuck.
A month ago, I had a small reunion with some highschool friends. These are the same people I felt pushed me aside because of the 'rumours' that I was gay. One guy mentioned that a friend of ours was gay. So I took the plunge and said: Hey, you guys must know that I am also a gay boy..
The Jock Boy was a little taken aback, but in no way prejudiced. The other people there were either like.. Lol, we knew long time ago, or... Oh okay. new conversation.
In all my years, I know only one guy whose father kicked him out of the house. He was 26 and lived on a farm with his family. I reckon that if he came out earlier, things may have been different.
We live in a time where acceptance is the norm. Prejudiced people are less accepted than gay people. certainly where I live. Okay, South Africa is one of the VERY few countries in the world where gay marriage is legal I guess, so there may be a higher level of acceptance here.
Strange that fifteen years ago, we were a country where people of different races weren't even allowed by law to travel in the same bus, and these days, inter racial relationships are open and commonplace, and being gay is not even the slightest issue anymore.
Hell... enjoy the damned journey, is what I say!
ffs
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.