About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Monday, April 13, 2009

Some pics to go with the 1,000 things

My last Jump
It was a show jump into an Agricultural show in the middle of nowhere.
The pilot doubled as the photographer...

The pilot was a mad fuck!
(I think all para pilots are)
Water Jump to qualify for my "C" License
It was really weird jumping with an old "C9" for this


Initiation into the para-club after my first jump :)
And all I got was Coke afterwards!


Good old Cessna Super Skymaster
Beautiful to fly, but highly impractical.


Piper Twin Commanche
A Bitch to land...

2 comments:

  1. That first picture is deeply disturbing. "The pilot doubled as the photographer"... so WHO WAS FLYING THE PLANE ?!?!?!? Aiiee!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only ever flown Cessna single engine aircraft. I did however get to fly the US Air Forces C-17 Globemaster simulator (full motion, and counts as actual time logged) for about four hours. I got that time in my logbook, signed by the instructor pilot. :D My first landing was unassisted by the instructor pilot, he just gave me key air speeds to hold. The landing was a bit rough, and i used most of the runway to get it down and stopped, but it was good enough to taxi back and do it again. I'd have to say, that was the most incredible thing i've ever done.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.