About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Elections

We go to the polls on 22 April. My voting station is within walking distance.

Two new words:

Personalotics: Voting for the party based on the person, without concern for the policies.

Demographacy: Democratic voting based on your own race.

It's a farce.

Ironically, as a white person, born here, who fought for true democracy during the dreaded Apartheid days, I am not considered a true South African by my own President to be. Legislated Affirmative Action is legal reverse racism. If there is a job advertised, it is not legal to say which race is preferred, but it is legal to place my application at the bottom of the pile.

Pardon me if I sound a little cynical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.