I guess I should be focussing more on what I do have, rather on what I don't right now.
I am mentally preparing myself for the inevitable mail I have to send to StalkerGirl. It's unavoidable if I want to go ahead with my plans to start up the learning centre.
I had a brainwave last night. It always happens duing that period between sleep and waking. I never slept that well, so I had a few of those moments. Many times though, they appear to be really good ideas at the time, yet once in fully aware mode, there is that snap back to reality.
I have been trying to get around what I can do in terms of premises. I could go the mobile laptop route and carry workstations to where the business may be, or I need to be in a good environment right away. It is something i can do within my current living space, but I would like to be able to seperate it.
My ex-mother-in-law (whom I still get on famously with) has pretty much relocated to her father's place while she works on that side of the city. She returns to her house (which is attached to the ex-wife's house) once every two weeks just to air the place out and check on her investment. Last time I saw her, she was considering renting the place out. It would be a perfect place to set up shop. It's a very large technically one-bedroomed cottage. The main bedroom can stay as it is, so she has place to stay if she wants to come though from time to time to see her daughter and grand children. There is a second 'bedroom' which would be well suited to an office/parent conference room.
The lounge/dining area would be perfect for the workstations and intervention activity area's. It is also located very near to schools, which is the primary target market of course, as well as having some good street parking outside. It's a quiet spot. And being attached to the ex's house, I would see my girls everyday, and I could help out if the ex is late etc.
The longer term option of course, is to employ the old duck too. She could continue living there if she was to prepared to give up some of the living space.... maybe not. Well that was part of the Alpha state thinking, but in reality... not sure about it.
So the next couple of days will be devoted to setting up a business plan, as I would have to get funding. I am still technically insolvent/bankrupy/chapter 11 or whatever language you speak, so getting from a bank is out of the question. But oldest brother has already expressed a need to help me fund a venture if one should come up. Methinks he has more moola than a few banks at the moment. I have a good record of paying back to him. There have been a few times where I have needed a little bridging financing here and there over the years.
I guess I should post about stalkergirl.
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 year ago

Hope it works out well for you.
ReplyDelete