About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Friday night out....

So W and I went for a quiet evening at Le Irish Regular last night. Just a bit of scoff and a few drinks, and to catch up on the weeks events. The cricket was on the big screen tellies, so that was cool too, except that we lost grrrr...

Ali and Biboy were at the game, and Biboy had borrowed my Zoom.

There wasn't really a lot of candy, so it was a little disappointing on that front. We got to chatting to a str8 couple which was a bit of fun, and prior to that we had indulged in some sexual anecdotal stuff which was cute. Cute, cos we seldom discuss our own sex lives.

The str8 couple guy went on the age guessing game with us which is always fun. We guessed him right (33), they voted W at 32 (he just turned 28 lol) and guessed me at 35 (Touchdown!!!).

I always love it cos I am never taken to be 42 my real age lol, so that made my evening. All that moisturising paid off then :)

Though I come from strong genes. My older brother and I def have more of the Italian side. he is forty-seven this year, and if anyhting, looks younger than I do. He works out though, and cycles, and does motorcross and such butch stuff.

When I got home, I put the phone on silent, and crashed. At about 4am, I turned and noticed my phone light up. Always afraid of what might be the subject of middle of the night calls, I grabbed it and answered. It was Vince. omg, W and I had been discussing him last night, and I had also just thrown a lot of his stuff away on Thursday as part of my clean up process I am going through.

I haven't spoken to him since October last year, but this has to be a long post on its own. Remember my 100 things about me? I mentioned father and son... well this is son. And he is poison. Well at least I know now he is alive, albeit as fucked up as ever. He lives in a parallel universe. He was clearly on a Mary-Jane high, and we chatted for almost an hour.

Oh, and an old friend Craig is due to visit this afternoon. Well, I never hold my breath cos he has promised the same thing three times over the last four months and he never turns up, but he sounded a little more committed than usual.

omg, my life is complicated.....

5 comments:

  1. Cycling's not butch!
    Can't be, Pete and I do it.

    Gosh - what a full social callender you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that name, Le Irish Regular. I'm assuming that the "le" is French.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Mick, but you have a girl's saddle :) The kind of thing i need to find here before i start - eventually. btw, lost 2kg in the last three weeks, mainly through chucking the healthy diet, and increasing my bread (brown) intake and more beer..... And ya, I have always had a full social calender, it just seems part of my makeup. And I live in a smallish town and come from a big family that's been here for four generations, so I know a lot of people.

    HE HE naturgesetz, just don't want to name the particular pub for obvious reasons, but it is an Irish Theme pub/restuarant. And 'le' is french, just because... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower here. I've only read a few posts, and I've got the impression that you have had a very interesting life, and it continues to be, it seems. :) Cheers. BTW, I did your iTunes thing - fun and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome RC! Will pop in for a beer :)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.