I had a pretty good weekend actually. The girls were with from Friday night. On Saturday, they spent the night with some friends, so I had some alone time without going out or anything. mainly because I m broke, also because I just want avoid the whole social scene which is becoming boring and full of the same people and places. I need a change of scenery, and trying to figure that out.
On Sunday, we all went with my mom and her sister to a meeting of the Italian clan. Quite a few of my Italian relatives were there, some of whom I haven't seen in twenty years. Expectedly though, the girls were a little bored for most of the day. So was I really. At least my two cute boy cousins were there, so we had a time to chat and catch up. K and I havent been out on the town for a long time, and we both miss it. A was as ambigous as ever. Claims straightness, but K and I don't think that's the case. K and I giggled as A was flapping his hands around as he related anecdotes from the hotel he manages. Grrr, apparently both Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman are guests for the next few days. Both of whom I would give an eye tooth to meet, the former for more passionate reasons.
We left a little early - thank goodness - because little brother's kids are out from the UK with their mother to attend a wedding. The kids were spending the day with brother, so it was a good opportunity to see them. My girls, and brother's kids are very close, so it is always cool to watch them hang out. And it gave me an opportunity to sit and chew the fat with brother, who was in a very good mood for a change.
Ended up having an extremely cool evening, sitting around the fire, telling jokes and basically talking shite. Seems his contract is about to end unexpectedly too, which leaves us both pretty much unemployed.
I dropped the girls back there this morning to spend some more time with their cousins. I will be meeting them later for an early pub supper, after which brother has to deliver the kids back to their mother. Much sadness is going to happen again. But at least they are back here in July again, so it won't be an entire year of waiting again as it is usually.
Thank God for Facebook and Skype and MSN. At least the kids keep in regular touch that way. I would not cope having my kids live so far away for most of the year.
So I am back home trying to figure out what to do next with my life. Am I doomed to be alone forever? Do I want to risk having my heart being broken again and again?
And offer a virtual hug to AJ and Landyn as they go through trying times. My mailbox is always open for a little chat if you need it.
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 year ago

I sometimes wonder if i an doomed to be alone forever. I sure hope not, cos i don't think i could handle that. Heart break sucks, but not taking the chance and being alone is worse. I hope you get things figured out my friend.
ReplyDelete