About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Time for bed....

Fuck, I am following so many damned blogs now lol... I guess I love to interact. So I try comment somewhere everyday, but just can't get to comment on all.

Just wanted to say before I head to bed:

Happy Birthday to my half brother, who I saw last year for the first time in twenty years. Actually both of my half brothers. B, the older, is thirty-one today. It was his birthday that week, so it's been exactly a year ago. He lives in NZ now, Wellington. On a working holiday in Ireland, he happened across a beautiful girl from Kiwi Land. Not too long after that, they were married.

He was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago. Amazingly, after treatment, it is in remission, and has been for nearly two years now. Cleverly, he has banked some sperm because the therapy has left him sterile, so hopefully in the not too distant future, we may add another niece or nephew to the entourage. We have six between three of us. Older brother also has three stepkids. Us four older boys are all vasectomised (?lol) so no more from our side. Besides, oldest is nearly fifty (omg), bro2's wife has had a hystorectomy, bro4's partner is 13 yrs older than him, and I am gay lol.... So def no more kids for any of us.

The younger of the two half brothers is twenty-seven now (I think) and single after breaking up with is gf from highschool finally hehe. (I secretly wish he is gay so I am not the only one). Sadly, they were very little when our dad passed away, so it was kinda fun spending time with them, telling them stories about the dad they never really got to know. The younger lives about four hours from me now, but I haven't seen him since our little reunion last year. He is a lot like me in many ways, and looks more like my father than any of us, though he is blonde for some reason lol....

Thanks for the comments on the Life Changing post. I will dedicate a seperate post to answer the comments, especially to a local commenter (my first so far which is kinda freaky for me).

Oh, and I added my first blogfriend to my real life Facebook account.... oooooooo! That's kinda scary for me, but we'll give it a go. *waves*

Why can't I stop typing???

Why?

And actually all I wanted to say was sleep tight. I have a feeling tomorrow will be better than today :)

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes it does get overwhelming to follow everything (and keep track). One of the other bloggers - Steevo - was going to compile a little list of quick details (name, age, location, 3 keywords) about each person. He just started today LOL. I was probably the first. Hah. But I wish there was some way that like, a little window could pop up with all the pertinent info about each blogger. LOL.

    Anyway - glad that you too were able to reconnect with parts of your family. Sorry to hear about your brother, but at least its in remission hopefully for good. And you got to share some history and stories about your dad - I'm sure they were glad to hear them. So a 3rd-person-removed happy birthday to your brother too.

    :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. And good night to you.

    BTW, I know what you mean about having trouble keeping up with and commenting on all the blogs. There are so many people I'd like to be in touch with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the new banner - over and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ goleft: I love my new banner too :)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.