About Me

My photo
Forty something. Gay. South Africa. Please take time to fill in any polls I put up, you know its anonymous. And comment so I don't feel alone in this :)

Sunday, April 12, 2009

One Hundred Things

So in celebration of my 1000th hit (its actually closer to 2000 now, but in typical Sethy procrastination style....), I am reposting the 25 things I have already mentioned before, and added another 75....

1. I look, act and hang out with people ten years or more younger than me (ie in their twenties or early thirties)

2. I went to high school in the early eighties when being gay was considered a freak of nature.

3. I officially came out to my mother on her sixtieth birthday although there were no real surprises. I was 37 at the time.

4. I was married for twelve years and have two teenage daughters. My ex-wife left me for another woman. The irony.....

5. I don't like to be near animals that weigh more than I do. I just don't. Though I am a cat lover, but only have a budgie as a pet.

6. I did my pilot's licence in high school, though the last time I flew as a qualified pilot was in my twenties. I wanted to be a fighter pilot, but failed the medical exam. Apparently pressure changes and my body don't go well together. I have flown in a Mirage III though.

7. I was conscripted into the military after high school and spent two years in an air defence unit - surface to air missile systems.

8. I have always been in the top three in any course I have taken, yet have never aspired to be academic in any way.

9. I procrastinate in a way that is not good for me.

10. I absolutely hate being late for anything though. It is obsessive.

11. I have had both male and female sexual partners, but have never considered myself bi or straight in essence.

12. I seem to attract good looking women, and psycho men.

13. When a cute guy walks in the door, I first look at facial symmetry and the smile before my eyes wander anywhere else.

14. Humour is a huge turnon. Agression and bad manners are immediate turnoffs.

15. Overage drivers annoy me. There should be a law against it.

16. Race has never been an issue for me, but it has for most of my immediate family.

17. My parents divorced when I was seven.

18. I spent all of high school with a paedophile, and some time after. I have finally forgiven him, and take solace that a car accident has left him without any sexual function.

19. I believe in Karma.

20. I am a very bad liar, so avoid having to do so at all costs.

21. I don't like sweet things, but take sugar in my tea and coffee. The same goes for milk.

22. I was born, and currently live in South Africa, though have traveled quite a bit.

23. I want to retire in South America.

24. I currently work in an industry that doesn't really interest me. But it pays the bills. Quite well actually. And I have a lot of time off inbetween projects.

25. I have an extensive 'bucket list', and have pretty much covered a huge chunk of it.

26. I have 500 hrs flying time (mainly in a Piper Twin Commanche, and a Cessna Super Skymaster or "pushpull" as it is affectionally know)

27. I completed my first parachute jump when I was fifteen. I stopped jumping at number 525, after an incident at jump 520 which scared me for the first time.

28. I have done the highest commercial bungy jump in the world - three times. The T-shirt says: Fear is temporary. Regret is forever.

29. I am a typing dyslexic especially swopping th - example in anyhting - and have to re-read and correct everything I write.

30. Because someone told me in highschool that I will always be gay, and not to fight it, I tried for years not to be.

31. I get bored easily, and change careers too often because of it.

32. I can't keep my fn mouth shut sometimes, and have been fired twice because of it.

33. I always cheer for the underdog.

34. Spurs are my favourite football team.

35. I was brought up Catholic.

36. I once spent a weekend in Hong Kong, and never slept while I was there.

37. I have flown an Airbus simulator - and an old boeing 737 one too.

38. I want to own a Cessna Caravan one day (would have to win the Lotto though)

39. I nearly died from tick bite fever when I was 19. I lost ten kg in a week.

40. I tried to shoot myself with a Browning 9mm. It never went off.

41. I have seen St Elmo's Fire (not the movie, well actually seen the movie too)

42. I have been crushing on Johnny Depp since I first saw him in 21 Jump Street.

43. I have shot somebody in the leg. On purpose. He was escaping from detention. I still feel bad about it.

44. I have slaughtered a sheep (ugh! never again)

45. I bake my own bread when I have time.

46. I have flown in a Mirage III.

47. I once went to a girl's 21st birthday, and had sex with her mother during the party.

48. I had a blowjob by twins (guys) outside a gay club, in the back of their car.

49. I once did two grams of coke on my own over a 24 hour period.

50. I have a birthmark on my back the size and shape of a slice of bread.

51. I don't have any tattoo's. Yet.

52. My left ear is pierced.

53. I have a burn mark at the top of my left thigh. Boiling water....

54. I have shaved my head twice. For an annual Cancer fund raiser. The last time was two months ago, it's finally growing back.

55. I went to boarding school.

56. I drive a 1997 Fire engine red Fiat Uno. It has 350,000km on the clock.

57. I once drove for 27 hours, stopping every three hours for a fifteen minute nap. Then I drove back again three days later. It's a long story lol.

58. I spent a large portion of my life in a darkroom.

59. Red light still turns me on.

60. I don't know how many sexual partners I have had had. Five have been the opposite sex though.

61. I got beaten up in a pub brawl once. I never got the chance to hit back.

62. That same night, I drove over twenty parking meters to get back at the townsfolk who instigated the fight.

63. I once fell asleep behind the wheel (perfectly sober, but badly fatigued). I never even knew that I had driven someone off the road, thank God their were only minor injuries.

64. The president of Mercedes Benz push started my car outside a fancy hotel in Johannesburg.

65. I smuggled contraband into another country for humanitarian purposes by plane.

66. My father died on a motorcycle when I was 16.

67. I have owned 9 cars, and one motorcycle.

68. I have driven an eighteen wheeler.

69. I once walked 150km (about 90 mi) in four days in full combat gear.

70. I drove through Manhattan, but never found parking.

71. I have been to Niagra Falls, but not to Victoria Falls (which is pretty close to where I live)

72. I have walked in the Serengeti.

73. I once pretended not to be able to speak English to have sex with somebody.

74. I have taken sleazy nude pictures for money. And slept with the model after haha....

75. I once shaved my entire body lol.... Don't.

75. I held the record at a place I once worked for the amount of marshmallows I could stuff in my mouth without gagging.

76. My second name is/was a brand of cigarettes.

77. My father wanted to name me Temegin. (Sanity prevailed)

78. I am circumsized but wish I had been given a choice.

79. I started smoking when I was sixteen.

80. I puked from drinking beer when i was fourteen.

81. I once used a credit card to make a purchase after I had found it in a supermarket. I bought a CD.

82. I have driven 230 km/hr (in a modified Nissan Maxima)

83. I have never been arrested.

84. I have three brothers, and two half brothers.

85. I was a rent boy as a 'hobby' during school holidays in my teens.

86. I have slept with a father and son (not at the same time - and it was many years apart - and the son was legal btw)

87. I kissed a straight boy and his gf found out. It was awkward.

88. I have a standard - non-sexual - fantasy I use to help me get to sleep.

89. I can't sleep on aeroplanes.

90. I am a member of the (gay) mile high club.

91. I was mugged in London.

92. I was given a blow job in the Camera Obscura in Edinburgh by the tour guide lol.

93. I was thrown out of the youth hostel in Edinburgh because I was high on marijuana.

94. I don't like the smell of marijuana.

95. I became addicted to painkillers after a back incident. I seldom use them for anything anymore.

96. I was on anti depressants for three years before seeking therapy. It's been nearly two years now and even though I still ocassionally slip, I deal with it in other ways.

97. I wish I could travel through time.

98. I have had regular dreams about a resort on the edge of a lake since I was in high school.

99. I like being on my own, but sometimes hate it.

100. I can't pee in a public urinal unless I am very seriously trashed and desperate.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks much for sharing - lots of personal things there.

    LOL @ #59. I have a sign from my old darkroom that reads "Photographers Do It In The Dark"

    #70 - seems about right

    #96 - good that you have gotten some control or method of dealing with things

    *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ek praat Afrikaans vir seker. My nederlands is nie so goed nie lol/ But I will follow your blog, and will be keen on commenting....

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. i would love to know about the rent boy experience... and how you got into it! that seems really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ty... a post is coming soon about the rent era lol.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Smile before you type. I will only delete if you are being unfairly prejudiced in any way.